A cheese omelette is simple and delicious for an aspiring cook. Here’s a simple and easy way to make it.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper until the yolks and whites are fully incorporated.
- Heat a skillet over high heat with the butter.
- Once the butter has foamed up, pour in the eggs.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high.
- Use a fork or a thin spatula to lift the edges of the egg as they cook, letting the raw egg run underneath.
- Continue moving the egg around this way and shaking the pan occasionally until the top is almost set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over half the omelet. (Now is when you would add any other fillings you like, too.)
- Use the fork or spatula to gently lift the other half of the omelet and fold it over the cheese.
- Roll the omelet out of the pan and onto a plate.