Pakoray is a popular traditional food in Pakistan. This is a must made snack in Ramadan. Follow this easy recipe and make lip smacking pakora.
We all love pakoras as we call fits the bill perfectly these pakoras are crunchy outside and soft inside. Hot pakora in ramzan make iftari maza double and if we are not the one frying the pakore then it’s double bonanza for sure right.
Spring Onion/Hara Pyaaz – 1 Medium Bunch or chopped 2 Cups heaped
Besan/Chickpeas Flour – 3/4 Cup
Green Chilli – 2-3 or to taste
Minched Ginger – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves/Dhaniya – 3 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp [optional]
Salt – To Taste
Water – 1/4 Cup or as required
Oil – For Deep Frying
1. Rinse well spring onion cut the root out and chop both part and green parts.
2. Finely chop green chilli, coriander leaves and mince or grate ginger.
3. In a wide bowl add chopped spring onion, chili, ginger, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, besan mix and keep aside for 5 minutes, this is to make onion release water.
4. Sprinkle water 1-2 tbsp at a time and mix, keep adding 1 tbsp water to mix well, the batter should not be very thick or loose.
5. Heat oil for frying and drop spoonful of batter or medium pakoda size from hand in hot oil 5-6 in a batch and fry in medium flame until golden brown all sides, drain in kitchen tissue and repeat same for rest of batter.
Serve hot with chutney of your choice, (I had it with onion tomato chutney), tea/coffee and enjoy these pakoras.